Skip to content

General Requests

Please select the appropriate form or document below that you wish to complete online.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

International Students will have the following two holds every semester that will need to be cleared by the International House & Programs office:
  • Insurance Hold
  • Physical Address-International Hold
Note: Registration holds do not prevent students from accessing their transcripts.
In order to get or renew an Alabama driver’s license, you will need to obtain a letter of enrollment from your immigration advisor.


F1/J1 Students must get the I-20/DS2019 signed by the Immigration Advisor at JSU before travelling outside of United States. For reentry, Students must have:
  • Valid Passport and Visa stamp
  • I-20/DS 2019 with travel endorsement by Immigration Advisor at JSU.
    • Travel signature is valid for 6 months and thus needs a new signature if it has already expired before your upcoming travel.
CBP (Custom and Border Patrol) may ask for additional documents such as:
  • Copy of your academic transcript
  • Evidence of Financial Resources
  • Contact Information of Immigration Advisors at JSU.
If F1 student is re-entering the United States after 5-month break, he/she must obtain a new I-20, pay SEVIS fee and enter on initial status.
All international students and scholars (and associated dependents where applicable) must file the appropriate Federal and Alabama State income tax forms each year in compliance with Federal and State Income tax laws.
Please visit the Controller's website to learn more about Federal and Alabama State income tax.
Please note that the Office of International Programs nor the Office of the Controller are trained to provide tax advice. You will need to seek assistance from a tax preparer